About the University of Southampton Piano Society (Pianosoc):
We are a friendly society for all people interested in listening to or performing piano of any genre, at any level. We aim to provide an opportunity for student pianists to get together and play what is otherwise typically thought of as a solo instrument.
Many students may not have access to a piano of their own while at Southampton - our weekly jam sessions allow pianists access to a real piano when they might not otherwise get a chance to play. Our jam sessions are not only an opportunity to play the piano but also a space for the discussion and appreciation of piano music. Anyone is welcome - even if you've never played the piano before we encourage you to come and listen and/or chat.
We also organise one-on-one and group lessons - beginners can sign up for piano tuition whereas experienced pianists can sign up to teach other students.
- Weekly online jam sessions
- Every Monday, 20:00, on Zoom
- While we're unable to run jam sessions in person we'll be hosting online jam sessions instead!
- Members of our committee will be performing a variety of piano pieces - drop in to chat or just listen!
- Alternatively, if you have access to a piano we'd love for you to join in! You'll need a way of getting audio from the piano to your computer - depending on what piano you have this could be via USB, an audio interface or even a microphone placed suitably close to the speakers. If you message us beforehand we can help you get set up.
- One-to-one and group lessons
- In previous years we've offered the opportunity to take part in one-on-one piano lessons, either as a student or a teacher.
- We're not certain about whether these can go ahead this year, but we'll keep you updated with any new info. If we're given the go-ahead we'll post an online signup form.
Social media and contact details:
Our Facebook group:
This is our main point of contact with our members - we highly recommend you join so you can keep up to date with all our activities and events.
Our Facebook page:
We also have a Facebook page for major announcements and information about the society.
New for this year - another place to get info about activities and events and to discuss anything piano-related!
All clubs and societies within the Students' Union are run entirely by students. The student committee for Piano Society this year are:
You May Also Like...
Here are a selection of similar clubs and societies that you may also be interested in
All SUSU clubs & societies must have a Constitution which governs how they run
Health & Safety
All clubs & societies are required to risk assess their activity to ensure it is carried out in a safe manner for members. Current risk assessments for Piano Society are available to view below