We are RAG and we are the University of Southampton's leading fundraising society! Our committee and volunteers spend the year fundraising for our 2022-2023 core charity, YoungMinds, as well as a variety of other charities depending on student demand.
All fundraising at SUSU comes through us, and we are therefore the major support system for any other societies, clubs, groups, and individuals who want to fundraise too!
RAG is always hard at work planning new fundraising events and campaigns, and helping others plan theirs. We run a whole load of events from our annual Naked Calendar to our Movember/Poppy Appeal campaign, as well as the spectacular FIGHT NIGHT!
We also offer some fantastic adventures, such as the Skydive!
Check out our Facebook page for up-to-date information on everything we're up to! https://www.facebook.com/SouthamptonRAG/
All clubs and societies within the Students' Union are run entirely by students. The student committee for RAG this year are:
Internal Engagement Officer
You May Also Like...
Here are a selection of similar clubs and societies that you may also be interested in
These are the current membership fees offered by RAG, although many clubs and societies offer a free period for new members to try out their activities.
|RAG Membership||FREE||21/09/2022 - 31/07/2023||As a member of RAG you're always welcome to to our weekly roundups where we plan some amazing events and help fundraise as much money as possible for our core charity Young Minds! The RAG committee is always hard at work planning new fundraising events and schemes. Throughout the year we have loads of seasonal events going on, our massive Movember campaign, Lost, Taskmaster and even Southampton's own Take Me Out! We meet up with our volunteers every Thursday, to attend talks from charity speakers or to get together and plan events. There's always a cheeky trip to the Stag's for karaoke afterwards! Aside from our awesome social events, we offer fantastic opportunities to challenge yourself, while having fun and raising money for charity. These opportunities include climbing mountains or a skydive in the Summer holidays or getting your kit off for the annual RAG Naked Calendar. We also go out on a few ‘RAG raids’ each term for a wide range of charities (not as piratical as it sounds), which involve travelling to a city centre, and collecting in the street with a bucket. Find out more about RAG raids by watching this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bt_EOpycDM|
All SUSU clubs & societies must have a Constitution which governs how they runDownload Constitution
Health & Safety
All clubs & societies are required to risk assess their activity to ensure it is carried out in a safe manner for members. Current risk assessments for RAG are available to view below
- RAG Naked Calendar 22/23 RA (03/10/2022)
- Taskmaster risk assessment (11/10/2022)
- Stalls & socials RA (27/10/2022)
- adventures (27/10/2022)
- 24 hour cycle (30/10/2022)
- Bonfire risk assessment (01/11/2022)
- Pancreatic Cancer Bake Sale Risk Assessment (07/11/2022)
- Risk Assessment for Taskmaster Filming (14/11/2022)
- Risk Assessment Taskmaster Live Show (14/11/2022)
- Bingo for Disability History Month (21/11/2022)
- FGM Awareness Day Bake Sale Risk Assessment (23/01/2023)
- LGBTQ+ History Bake Sale RA (23/01/2023)
- Speed dating 2023 (08/02/2023)
- Pancake Day Risk Assessment 21/02/23 (13/02/2023)
- RAG X SUABC Fight Night RA 2023 (20/02/2023)
- Rag Poker Night 2023 (28/02/2023)
- Gunge a Captain 2023 Risk Assessment (17/03/2023)
- Adventures Bake Sale May 2023 (15/04/2023)
- Lost Bake Sale (21/05/2023)
- LOST! 2023 (21/05/2023)