The Riding Club aims to offer riding to everyone, regardless of whether you have ridden on national teams or have never sat on a horse before.
- 2 BUCs teams for those serious about competing
- Friendlies team for those ready to compete but at a lower level or can't commit to regular training
- Weekly lessons for all abilities, from complete beginners to more advanced riders
- Regular hacks in the beautiful New Forest
- Annual beach ride along Studland Bay for more adventurous riders
- Regular nights out and sober socials
- Annual events such as AU Ball and Christmas meal
All clubs and societies within the Students' Union are run entirely by students. The student committee for Riding this year are:
BUCS Teams Manager
BUCS Teams Manager
You May Also Like...
Here are a selection of similar clubs and societies that you may also be interested in
These are the current membership fees offered by Riding, although many clubs and societies offer a free period for new members to try out their activities.
|Social Membership||FREE||28/09/2022 - 30/06/2023||Receive updates on everything to do with the riding society and gain access to regular socials. This membership is a non-riding membership, for lessons, team trials or hacking you will need to purchase a full membership. This is ideal for those who don't want to ride with the university but are wanting to meet like-minded people.|
|Second semester only||£35.00||01/01/2023 - 01/08/2023||This membership allows you to access all parts of the club for the second semester of the academic year. After this, join in as much or as little as you want and only pay for what you take part in.|
All SUSU clubs & societies must have a Constitution which governs how they runDownload Constitution
Health & Safety
All clubs & societies are required to risk assess their activity to ensure it is carried out in a safe manner for members. Current risk assessments for Riding are available to view below