Student Activities Assistant - Intramural Sports
Close of applications: 09:00 18th January 2016About | Role Profile | Person Specification | Pay & Terms | Apply Now
The main purpose of the role is described in the job description as:
- To provide administrative support to selected areas of Student Activities
- To act as a point of contact for Student Activities enquiries
- To administrate projects and activities under the direction of the Student Activities Co-ordinator
This role sits within the Student Activities team, which is at the heart of student-led groups and activities. You will need to be passionate about working to ensure that students receive the best experience at University whilst also being committed to having an impact on making real positive change for all students. You will also need to have strong administrative skills with the ability to complete tasks efficiently and to a high standard.
This is a student facing role, so you should have excellent customer service skills and experience working with the public and be friendly and approachable.
This role is based at our Highfield campus. You will mainly provide support to SUSU’s Sports Development Zone.
- The Sports Development Zone - to coordinate and support the aims of our student–led sporting groups and activity. This includes Varsity as well as local and national fixtures.All of the above will require a self – motivated and flexible approach to duties and a willingness to support colleagues in order to meet the overall aims of the Student Activities team and SUSU.
- The primary focus of this role will be maintaining and coordinating our Sports Intramural System, a more casual group of sports leagues to encourage participation, health and community, working with our students and key partners