Come N Go: Brockenhurst Walking with Hillwalking Club
10 Jun, -
Southampton Central Station Southampton Central Station
Join us for a lovely walk in Brockenhurst, right in the heart of England's New Forest National Park. It's a great place with lots of woodland, where you can see wild ponies and deer
This time our Hillwalking Club will be leading a short walk around in the Brockenhurst, this is a great chance to get into hillwalking and explore the local area. This area has plenty of woodland and scenery where is a perfect place for you to relaxing after the exam month!
The route will be 12km, friendly to beginners, and we will proceed at a fairly slow pace with our experienced club members. So don't worry about you can not catch up with us:)
What you need to prepare:
- An off-peak day return train ticket to Brockenhurst station which currently costs £8.80 or £5.80 with a Railcard. We will be getting the train from Southampton central at 09:56am.
- Walking boots if you have one, especially as this walk involves some countryside walking. If you do wear trainers or other footwear, you should expect some mud.
- At least 500ml of water (ideally 1litre)
- A packed lunch( you will be unable to buy lunch on route
- A backpack to carry lunch and other items
- A raincoat (just in case)
About the ticket:
This walking is totally free but you need to book the train tickets by yourself.
- An off-peak day return train ticket to Brockenhurst station which currently costs £8.80 or £5.80 with a Railcard. We will be getting the train from Southampton central at 09:56am but you will need to be on the platform by then and we recommend getting there at least 20 minutes early to meet up with the group and get to the platform, you may also need to leave time to buy tickets if you don’t buy them in advance.
Time and place:
The committee members of the Hillwalking Club will meet you at the entrance to Southampton Central Station on 10th June (the north side, SO15 1GW) at 9am.
We look forward to seeing you all on the walk soon! If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
At SUHC we are dedicated to exploring the very best countryside, peaks, mountains and coastline the UK has to offer. We host weekly Saturday day walks throughout Hampshire and surrounding areas, in addition to whole-weekend away trips to different national parks and mountainous regions, and an array of socials during term time! See below for details of our activities and how you can get involved..
We are the University of Southampton Students’ Union (also called "SUSU"). We are here to represent the voice of students at every level and ultimately make their university experience unforgettable. Independent from the University, we're run by students, for students!