Candidate for Law School President
- I’m a paralegal focused on ensuring legal experience opportunities.
- Module ambassadors to help choice of optional modules from student experience.
- Past roles have aided me understand student needs and challenges.
- Ensuring the new law clinic development fits student needs.
- I possess key attributes and skills needed for this role.
Why vote for Abi Bendy?
I am honored to be a candidate for the position of Law School President. From my previous roles as course representative, college council member and currently a senior partners paralegal, I have developed a deep understanding of the needs and expectations of students, staff and legal professionals. As well as the communication skills needed to build relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders to ensure the law school remains at the forefront of our legal education. As a fellow student I understand the importance of having a capable president at the heart of the law school and I believe my experiences have equipped me with the skills to be an effective advocate. I have always been passionate about law and its role in shaping our society along with the challenges and opportunities facing the legal profession in today's rapidly changing world. I am committed to fostering a collaborative, inclusive, and supportive environment for all by listening and incorporating all feedback given.
If elected I would like to implement:
- Module student ambassadors to talk about experiences/ optional modules they've chosen to give insight to other students. Also, it provides more opportunities to be involved with the law school.
- Ensuring as many real-life work experience opportunities for students as possible.
- Further Development of the law clinic and implementing students' ideas and suggestions.
- Sessions focused on exam technique, not just generic structure lectures.
I humbly ask for your vote and thank you for your consideration.