How To Directory
- 0. COVID-19 specific information
- 1. How to Use Groups Hub
- 2. How to Manage Health & Safety
- 3. How to Make Your Society Inclusive
- 4. How to Book Facilities and Transport
- 5. How to Manage Your Money
- 6. How to Manage Equipment
- 7. How to Manage Communications
- 8. How to Run a Sports Club
- 9. How to Handover and Democratic Processes
- 10. How to Organise Events
- Involving Alumni
- Creating a balanced programme of events
- Running your own charity event through RAG
- Running an event outside SUSU premises
- Promotion from SUSU
- Adding an Event the the SUSU Calendar
- Involving external speakers
- Considering Health & Safety for your event
- Running an internal or external event
- Running an event on SUSU premises
- 11. How to Start a New Club or Society
- 12. Adopt a Society
SUSU has a number of resources that clubs and societies are able to utilise to promote their events.
There are a range of poster sites available to you around the Students' Union. Please note that all posters put up around the Union will need to be stamped by the Union. This can be easily done in the Activities Office, located on level 2 of building 42 (in the Sabbatical Office). Any posters not stamped will be taken down.
Once you have your posters stamped, the Activities team can let you know where out notice boards are to add your posters! Note: this is for the Union building only (Building 40 & 42). To add posters to University buildings will require separate permission from the University. This can usually be done by talking to the reception of individual buildings.
As an affiliated society to SUSU, you can advertise your event(s) or campaign(s) on the screens in SUSU buildings free of charge. We can play your static image or video (without sound) for your chosen duration. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We have various student run media groups who oftenwork to promoteclubs and societies.
Student publications offer a great way to drive awareness. The Union has two official publications, Wessex Scene and The Edge, who offer multiple options including print and online advertising. Check with the publications for more information on cost and what options are available to you. They can be contacted on email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Surge Radio has advertising slots running each day, and with many of the shows being broadcast in high footfall areas, such as out on the redbrick, concourse and Winchester School of Art Café, it serves as a great way to verbally inform your audience. To explore marketing opportunities with Surge Radio contact email@example.com
SUSU TV have a wide range of services and technical equipment to use, and can help with producing video content for your student group. This can take the form of event highlights, sporting coverage, membership videos etc. for information on how you can work with SUSU TV, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Union Films can run your advert as a still screen image or trailer during their cinema nights. For more information on availability and pricing, please email email@example.com.