How To Directory
- 1. How to Use Groups Hub
- 2. How to Manage Health & Safety
- 3. How to Make Your Society Inclusive
- 4. How to Book Facilities and Transport
- 5. How to Manage Your Money
- 6. How to Manage Equipment
- 7. How to Manage Communications
- 8. How to Run a Sports Club
- 9. How to Handover and Democratic Processes
- 10. How to Organise Events
- Involving Alumni
- Running an internal or external event
- Considering Health & Safety for your event
- Involving external speakers
- Adding an Event the the SUSU Calendar
- Requesting Box Office Tickets
- Promotion from SUSU
- Running an event outside SUSU premises
- Running your own charity event through RAG
- Creating a balanced programme of events
- Running an event on SUSU premises
- 11. How to Start a New Club or Society
- 12. Adopt a Society
All affiliated groups can have their post delivered to SUSU, and we sort it by group and you can collect it from the filing cabinets outside the Bridge (entrance to building 42). To collect any large parcels please ask at main reception. If you have large items or valuable deliveries we recommend you notify the activities team (email@example.com) or reception (firstname.lastname@example.org) in advance.
To have your mail directed there you should use the following details. Using this address ensures that nothing gets lost in handover between committees or sent to old houses etc.
If you are still receiving paper bank statements we recommend you switch to online statements.
“Your position and name”
University of Southampton Students' Union
The Activities team will sometimes open mail if we aren’t sure where to direct it or if it has not been collected for some time. If you don’t wish us to open this, it should be marked as Private/Confidential and be clearly addressed. Keep in mind that this means if we are unsure who to direct it to, it will be returned to sender.
We are unable to keep post for more the 3 months and will have to shred and dispose of unclaimed items.