How To Directory
- 1. How to Use Groups Hub
- 2. How to Make Your Society Inclusive
- 3. How to Organise Events
- d. Running an internal or external event
- c. Considering Health & Safety for your event
- f. Involving external speakers
- b. Adding an Event the the SUSU Calendar
- g. Promotion from SUSU
- d. Running an event outside SUSU premises
- e. Running your own charity event through RAG
- a. Creating a balanced programme of events
- e. Running an event on SUSU premises
- 4. How to Book Facilities and Transport
- 5. How to Manage Your Money
- 6. How to Manage Equipment
- 7. How to Manage Health & Safety
- D. Completing a risk assessment
- F. Ensuring your Group's safety when manual handling
- B. Ensuring you are covered by insurance
- G. Dealing with incidents
- H. Preparing and supplying food
- E. Safeguarding your members
- C. Complying with SUSU data protection policy
- A. Important SUSU and University regulations you need to know
- 8. How to Run a Sports Club
- 9. How to Handover and Democratic Processes
- 10. How to Manage Commiunications
How to Stay Within the Rules
Although running a student group is mainly about having fun, it's also important that you make sure you follow the rules and regulations that apply to you.
University discipline regulations apply to you as a student from the time you register to the time you leave University.
SUSU disciplinary procedure also applies to you whenever you're carrying out a student group activity of any sort (whether it's an organised trip, a meeting, or a social).
SUSU Code of Conduct (*2020): *We are currently in the process of reviewing the SUSU code and conduct which would apply to all clubs and societies. This will be made available during Summer 2020.
It's important to remember that the committee members can be held liable by the Union for activities that occur at a student group event. You are therefore under a duty to do your best to prevent people from breaking the rules.
If you have any questions at all about any aspect of the disciplinary rules and procedures, please email the Democracy Team (email@example.com)