How To Directory
- 1. How to Use Groups Hub
- 2. How to Make Your Society Inclusive
- 3. How to Organise Events
- d. Running an internal or external event
- c. Considering Health & Safety for your event
- f. Involving external speakers
- b. Adding an Event the the SUSU Calendar
- g. Promotion from SUSU
- d. Running an event outside SUSU premises
- e. Running your own charity event through RAG
- a. Creating a balanced programme of events
- e. Running an event on SUSU premises
- 4. How to Book Facilities and Transport
- 5. How to Manage Your Money
- 6. How to Manage Equipment
- 7. How to Manage Health & Safety
- D. Completing a risk assessment
- F. Ensuring your Group's safety when manual handling
- B. Ensuring you are covered by insurance
- G. Dealing with incidents
- H. Preparing and supplying food
- E. Safeguarding your members
- C. Complying with SUSU data protection policy
- A. Important SUSU and University regulations you need to know
- 8. How to Run a Sports Club
- 9. How to Handover and Democratic Processes
- 10. How to Manage Commiunications
Managing sports fixtures
Whether you are a club president or a team captain, you’ll need to make sure you are on top of all your fixture obligations from day 1. Below you will find advice on how to arrange fixtures in Southampton and ensure everything goes smoothly. However, be aware that each league has different rules, so be sure to make yourself familiar with their own procedures too.
Team Sports - All BUCS fixtures are arranged by staff in the Activities Office. They will ensure that facilities have been booked for all your weekly fixtures; however, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have a team ready, know when the fixtures are and how you are going to get to them. There are a number of rules that need to be considered when competing in BUCS and so if you are a club committee member or a team captain, you MUST read through the SUSU BUCS Weds Afternoon Sports Captains guide 2018-19.docx
Individual Sports – If you compete in an individual sport and would like to enter a BUCS tournament, the Activities Office will help you do this. Please read the following 'BUCS Individual Entry Captains Guide' for advice on how to do this.
All BUCS enquires can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can ring the office directly on 02380 598944.
If you are competing in a non-BUCS competition, it will generally be the responsibility of the club to arrange everything. The only exception to this is if you are planning to use facilities at Wide Lane. These should be booked via the Activities Office so that we can ensure that there is adequate first aid cover.
Intra-mural competitions are organised by the Activities Office. For details please contact email@example.com or you can ring the office directly on 02380 595995.
The Activities Office is located on level 2 of building 42 (next to the Sabbatical Office).