How To Directory
- 0. COVID-19 specific information
- 1. How to Use Groups Hub
- 2. How to Manage Health & Safety
- 3. How to Make Your Society Inclusive
- 4. How to Book Facilities and Transport
- 5. How to Manage Your Money
- 6. How to Manage Equipment
- 7. How to Manage Communications
- 8. How to Run a Sports Club
- 9. How to Handover and Democratic Processes
- 10. How to Organise Events
- Involving Alumni
- Creating a balanced programme of events
- Running your own charity event through RAG
- Running an event outside SUSU premises
- Promotion from SUSU
- Adding an Event the the SUSU Calendar
- Involving external speakers
- Considering Health & Safety for your event
- Running an internal or external event
- Running an event on SUSU premises
- 11. How to Start a New Club or Society
- 12. Adopt a Society
How to Involve External Speakers
If you are planning to invite an outside speaker to speak at one of your events, it is vital that you follow the University’s code of practice for freedom of speech. The code of practice can be found here.
The University Statement on Preventing Radicalisation can be found here
You must submit the requested information to the University before inviting an outside speaker. In order to do this, please complete the 'Request for consideration under UoS Code of Practice' form and send to L.Baldock@soton.ac.uk. The University Legal Services team will respond clarifying any additional measures that may be required.
This form MUST be sent at least 15 working days before the event.
You are able to book a Union or University space in advance of confirmation from Legal Services, but please do not advertise a speakers' attendance until you have received confirmation from the Legal Services team.
If you would like any general support or guidance in relation to an event, please contact the Union via email@example.com