How To Directory
- 1. How to Use Groups Hub
- 2. How to Manage Health & Safety
- 3. How to Make Your Society Inclusive
- 4. How to Book Facilities and Transport
- 5. How to Manage Your Money
- 6. How to Manage Equipment
- 7. How to Manage Communications
- 8. How to Run a Sports Club
- 9. How to Handover and Democratic Processes
- 10. How to Organise Events
- Involving Alumni
- Running an internal or external event
- Considering Health & Safety for your event
- Involving external speakers
- Adding an Event the the SUSU Calendar
- Requesting Box Office Tickets
- Promotion from SUSU
- Running an event outside SUSU premises
- Running your own charity event through RAG
- Creating a balanced programme of events
- Running an event on SUSU premises
- 11. How to Start a New Club or Society
- 12. Adopt a Society
Running an event on SUSU premises
- Submit a Booking Form through our online booking system - Southampton University Students Union (ivvy.co.uk)
- Submit your Risk Assessment and if necessary, Food Hygiene certificates via Groups Hub straight away. Once the Activities Team have received this, they will approve it and authorise the Bookings Team to process your booking proposal.
- If the space is available, the Bookings Team will put together the quote and contract for your event which will be emailed to you within five working days. Please check your junk inbox for these emails as they regularly get filtered there.
- Check over the document and if you are happy, please sign the contract and click complete. The Bookings Team will send a confirmation of booking on receipt of your signed contract. Your invoice will be sent shortly after this.
- Ten working days prior to your event, the Bookings Team will be in touch to double check the attendee figures and details of your event.
- EVENT DAY
Points to note
Unfortunately, it is not possible to book out spaces at Halls through our online system. For these bookings, contact the SUSU Events Team at email@example.com directly.
Garden Court is not managed by SUSU. This space is managed via the University Conference and Hospitality Department. However, they do require a referral from SUSU in order to process your booking request. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to book the Garden Court venue.
Cancelling an event
To cancel a booking we would need at least two weeks notice and all cancellations must be received in writing (via email) to SUBookings@soton.ac.uk.